Bromley Well Young Carers Service
Bromley Well Young Carers Service supports young carers aged 4 -19 who are helping to support or care for a parent, sibling, friend or relative at home.
There are two full-time Young Carer Workers. The service provides:
- A Young Carers App - a safe, secure, online space dedicated to young carers in Bromley borough
- Opportunities to meet with other young carers, have fun, discuss any worries and try out new activities
- Emotional support to discuss your caring role and any worries or questions you may have
- Individual therapeutic support by professionals from the Bromley Wellbeing Service in central Bromley
- Workshops to help develop your practical life skills
- Workshops to help you think about your mental wellbeing and develop strategies for managing emotions
- Leisure and social activities including outings and special events
- Quarterly Young Carers Forum for you to share ideas and discuss ways to improve and develop the service we provide
- Support for transition / changes in your life e.g moving to secondary school, changes in your caring role, preparing for adulthood
- Drop-in sessions during the school holidays
If you would like further information please access Bromley Well Young Carers Service: https://www.bromleywell.org.uk/our-services/young-carers/
If you think someone you know would benefit from a referral into this service, please contact Mrs. Baines at the Academy.
A young carer is someone under 18 who helps look after someone in their family, or a friend, who has special educational needs, who is ill, disabled, has a mental health condition or misuses drugs or alcohol.
If you would like further general information please access the Carer's Trust website: