Pupil Premium Information
The Pupil Premium is an amount of money the Academy receives based upon the number of children at the Academy that are eligible for free school meals. In the financial year 2021– 2022 the Academy received £74,500.
We use the Pupil Premium Grant in a wide variety of ways to support children’s learning. These include:
- Specialist Speech and Language advice and support
- Qualified teacher support not only in interventions but also within the class
- Funding places on enrichment and enhanced pupils' courses, including support for selective secondary school places
- Funding a Family Worker to support children and families
- Precision teaching and learning one to one and in small groups in Maths, Reading, phonics, Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
- Skilled support to help improve social and emotional development and build confidence in one to one or small group sessions
- Intervention and counselling programmes for pupils throughout the school
- Financial and practical support to enable pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant to participate in enrichment activities and/or extra curricula
- Attendance support to facilitate improved attendance and punctuality
- Parent learning sessions linked to the development of skills to support pupils' learning at home
- Small group therapy sessions
We strive to provide appropriate and effective support for all pupils who need it, whether those are in receipt of the Pupil Premium Grant or not.
We carefully monitor and evaluate the impact of support given to all pupils to ensure their success. A review of the Pupil premium strategy takes place at the end of the academic year.