It's the middle of the week!
Daily Home Learning Blog – Wednesday, 8th July
Good morning Sycamore class. Here are your daily leaning opportunities.
LO: Skimming and scanning
- Practise using your skimming and scanning strategies to help you quickly locate information from a text without taking the time to read over the whole text again.
- Watch the videos, read the information, and complete activity 1 and 2.
- You may complete activity 3 if you wish, but it might be better to print the page out, which you might be unable to do.
LO: Short division with remainders
- Open the document and complete the appropriate sheet for your ability
- Complete the investigation after you’ve completed either the ‘Mild’ or ‘Hot’ worksheet
- You can always use the ‘A bit stuck?’ worksheet if you’re having a lot of trouble.
- Surrealism is an interesting style of art that has some very famous pieces of work.
- Read the information, watch the videos, and complete both activities that guide you to create your own piece of art in the style of surrealism.
- Log onto busy things, and make your way to the coding page to complete the 3rd sections of Beard Man’s adventures.
- Year 5 > Computing > Busy Code > Beard Man’s Adventures
- Complete the tutorial, then complete the challenges that come after it – 3A, 3B, and 3C.
That’s all for today’s lessons! See you tomorrow : )
Fun fact of the day: An average octopus has over 2000 suction cups on its tentacles.