Oh my, it's the 7th of July!
Daily Home Learning Blog – Tuesday, 7th July
Hello, and welcome back to another fun day of learning with Mr Lindsay. I’m pleased to present you today’s lessons.
LO: Answering questions about a picture
1. Look closely at the attached picture
- Look closely at Game Changer by Banksy (attached). This artwork was revealed in a Southampton Hospital.
- Answer these questions about it in your home learning book.
- What was your first reaction to this artwork? Why do you think you had the reaction?
- Which area of the artwork is most important? Why?
- What adjectives would you use to describe this artwork?
- What verbs would you use to describe this artwork?
- If you could ask the artist a question, what would you ask him/her?
- What emotions do you notice in the artwork?
- Who do you know that would really like this artwork? Why would they like it?
- Who do you know that would really dislike this artwork? Why would they dislike it?
- If this artwork were music, what would it sound like?
LO: Adding many numbers with a range of digits
- Open the attached sheet follow the instructions, and complete the questions in your home learning book.
- Be sure to select the correct difficulty for your ability. Be sure to challenge yourself!
- Complete the investigation at the end if you are confident in your understanding.
LO: Structure and texture
- Follow the link, watch the videos, and complete the short activity after listening to a few of your favourite songs.
- The song 'Is Somebody Singing' (The song we sang during our space assembly) follows the 'Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Chorus' structure very well. See for yourself!
LO: How to draw basic cartoon faces
- Have a go at drawing some basic cartoon faces using the same technique.
That’s all for today! Take care : )
Fun fact of the day: The fish species ‘mangrove rivulus’ can spend up to 60 days out of water.