Good morning Sycamore!
Daily Home Learning Blog – Monday, 6th July
Good morning Sycamore class. I hope you had a nice weekend! I know you’re excited to get started on your home learning activities, so let’s jump right in.
LO: Writing a magazine article
- Watch and listen closely to both videos. There are also written extracts of both videos if you prefer to read.
- Please complete Activity 3 only. You will be writing a magazine article about Katherine Johnson and her contributions to space exploration.
- Make sure to include the key information that people would be most interested to know about.
- Be sure to come up with a catchy title – maybe think about using an alliteration!
LO: Regular and irregular polygons
- Regular polygon: a 2D shape made up of all straight lines, where all sides are the same length
- Irregular polygon: a 2D shape made up of all straight lines, where all sides are NOT the same length.
- Complete the quiz, as well as the worksheets from activity 2 and 3 in your home learning book.
LO: Interesting features of the state of Florida
- Read the information about the American state of Florida.
- Take special note of the geographical features that make it different to places like the UK.
- Take the quiz in activity 1
- Use the worksheet in activity 2 to help you convince 5 of the people to visit Florida
- Animal Lover
- Scuba Diver
- Sport Enthusiast
- Be sure to discuss things specific to each individual, in order to appeal to their interests.
Write these 8 words down, filling a line for each word. Be sure to use good handwriting as well.
That’s all for today! Please come back tomorrow for another day of amazing learning.
Fun fact of the day: The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is believed to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language. Try saying it 5 times fast!