Happy last day of June!
Daily Home Learning Blog – Tuesday, 20th June
Good morning Sycamore class. Here are your wonderful learning opportunities for the day.
LO: Writing a persuasive argument
- This is the statement you will be working with today:
- “2020 is an unprecedented year”
- I would like you to write a persuasive paragraph AGAINST this statement. In other words, you are going to write a persuasive passage arguing that this year is NOT unprecedented.
- Unprecedented: never known to have happened before
- You may want to do some research to support your argument, such as:
- Other pandemics throughout history
- Other large protests or social activism that lead to protests and rioting
- Natural disaster similar to the Australian wild fires.
- It may seem difficult at first, but it’s a good exercise to try and counter an argument which seems like the obviously correct statement. Good luck : )
LO: Short division
- Open the attached sheet, and complete the questions in your home learning book.
- If you require, watch this video to help remind yourself how to complete short division:
LO: The Kingdom of Benin
- Read the information, watch the videos, and complete activity 2 – the research map. I have included it at the bottom of the page. You can also recreate your own if you are unable to print it out.
- Include different categories of information, and feel free to label each with a subheading.
Times Tables Rock Stars
I’m seeing less and less activity on TT rockstars, so log on and have a 20 minute session. Feel free to challenge your classmates, or even me! I’ll try to respond back by the end of the day. Good luck!
That’s it for today. Talk to you soon!
Fun fact of the day: The smallest cat in the world is the Rusty-Spotted cat, weighing in at a whopping 1.6 kg. Look them up, you won’t be disappointed!