Please come in : )
Daily Learning Blog – Tuesday, 23rd June
Good morning Year 5, I hope you are doing well today. Let’s get started with today’s home learning:
LO: Nonsense poems
- One of Mr Lindsay’s favourite poems is a nonsense poem – The Jabberwocky, by Lewis Carroll: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/42916/jabberwocky
- Nonsense poems use silly, made up words mixed with real words, and are often silly, funny, or nonsensical
- Today, you will be writing your own nonsense poem.
- Watch the videos, and use the attached guideline to help you write your own nonsense poem.
LO: Adding decimals with different number of decimal places
- Sometimes you will be given numbers with different amounts of decimal places
- For example, 3.4 + 6.29
- Today’s lesson will teach you how to do that
- Watch the video, complete the worksheet in your home learning book, and complete the interactive activity
LO: The circulatory system
- The circulatory system is made up of your heart, your blood vessels, and your blood. It’s a vital part of the human body.
- Watch the videos, complete the quiz, and complete activity 2 – creating an information poster.
That’s it for today! BE sure to check in bright and early tomorrow : )
Fun fact of the day: Male ostriches can grow up to 9 feet tall.