Daily Learning Blog – Tuesday, 16th June
Good morning my wonderful Year 5 class. Here are your learning opportunities for today.
LO: Subordinating conjunction
- As we know, conjunctions are joining words that join 2 clauses together. There are 2 types of conjunctions: coordinating and subordinating
- Coordinating conjunctions: join 2 independent clauses. Examples include: and, but, or, so
- Subordinating conjunctions: join 1 independent clause with a subordinate clause. Examples include: although, however, because
- Watch the videos, and complete the activities about creating your own story setting.
Please complete the second half of the fractions assessment that you started yesterday. You can find the document at the bottom of this class blog page.
LO: Gestation periods in animals
- Gestation periods are the length of time mammals spend growing inside their mother.
- Different animals have different lengths of gestation periods. Some are very long, whereas others are very long.
- Take a look at the uploaded document that shows a variety of gestation periods in mammals.
- For example, you might conclude that animals with long fur have longer gestation periods. Maybe you’ll conclude that animals of a certain colour have shorter gestation periods.
- Write your conclusion in your home learning book, and explain why you think it’s true.
- Complete the attached reading comprehension activity.
That’s all for today. See you tomorrow!
Fun fact of the day: The smallest country in the world is the Vatican City, located within the city of Rome.