Be happy, it's the weekend tomorrow!
Home Learning Blog – Friday, 15th May
Welcome back. Here are today’s lessons:
LO: Writing a powerful speech
- Read the information, watch the videos, and complete the activities.
- Activity 2 asks you to write a speech about the importance of friends and friendship, but you may write an informative speech on another topic if you wish – perhaps an interest of yours, or something you know a lot about.
- Just be sure to use the ‘A FOREST’ acronym to help guide your writing.
LO: Calculating the area of a 2D shape
- Read the information, watch the videos, and complete the worksheet.
- In this worksheet, ‘breadth’ means the same as ‘width’.
- Rectangles are rather easy to find the area of, as we simply multiply the length by the width to find the area, which is measured in cm2.
- As before, choose 8 words from the list attached below, and write them out in your best handwriting. Please fill one entire line for each word that you choose.
That’s all for now. Have a lovely weekend.
Fun fact of the day: Check out these optical illusions: https://www.optics4kids.org/illusions