Daily Learning Blog – Monday, 11th May
Welcome back! I hope you had a nice weekend. I know you’ve been anxious to get back to your learning, so here are some excellent activities for you.
LO: Using an ellipsis
- Follow the link, read the text and watch the learning videos: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z73sf4j
- Today’s English focus is the proper use of an ellipsis (…)
- There are several uses of the ellipsis, which are discussed in the video. The different uses are:
- Add suspense
- Show where part of a sentence was removed
- Show the trailing off of a thought.
- There are examples of these in the learning link
- After watching the videos, you may choose one of the two activities. Choose either ‘The Iron Man’ or the ‘Spooky Setting’ activity.
- For the video that you choose, you will write a descriptive paragraph that uses an ellipsis, making sure that it is used properly. There are more details in the learning link.
LO: Short division with remainders
- Follow the link, watch the videos, and complete the activities.
- Complete activity 2 and 3 in your home learning book.
LO: A prayer for our key workers
- During the last several months, I’m sure you’ve all heard about the amazing hard work that many key workers are doing to keep people safe and help keep our country running. There are so many different key workers, ranging from doctors and nurses, to home care workers, to transportation drivers, supermarket staff, delivery drivers, postal workers, and many many more. I would like for you to write a prayer of appreciation for all their hard work and dedication during these difficult and stressful times. You might want to ask God to keep them safe, and to help them keep strong both physically and mentally. You may add decorations or images that are fitting.
LO: Science fiction reading comprehension activity
- For today’s reading activity, you will be reading a science fiction text and answering questions about it.
- Science fiction is a genre that is often about space, time travel, other worlds, and species from other planets.
- Choose the level of difficulty appropriate for you, ranging from 1 star (least difficult) to 3 star (most difficult).
I hope you enjoy today’s lessons! Bye for now.
Fun fact of the day: Your heart beats over 100,000 times per day.