Hello all you Year 5 learners!
Daily Learning Blog – Thursday, 7th May
Hello and good morning!
Before we begin, I just want families to be aware that as tomorrow is a bank holiday, there will NOT be any home learning blog posted. If you would like to complete some work, please use any of the online learning platforms that I have used previously, such as:
- BBC bitesize
- Oak National Academy
- Purple Mash
- Times Tables Rockstars
- Busy Things
Seeing as today is basically a Friday, I’ll assign some easier lessons today.
Lesson 4 of the YouTube series.
LO: Problem solving and reasoning challenges
- Here are a series of maths challenges that get progressively more difficult. Complete them one at a time, and be sure to write the answers in your home learning books.
- Some of the challenges have more than one correct answer – see if you can come up with multiple correct answers.
- If you finish them all, try to come up with your own maths challenge, and see if you can stump your home teacher!
- LO: Crotchets and quavers
- For today’s music lesson, we will be learning about the difference between crotchets and quavers
- There is some written work, which can be completed in your home learning book.
- Same instructions as last week – choose 8 words from the attached sheet, and fill a line for each word.
Have a nice long weekend!
Fun fact of the day: The longest word in the English language is 189,819 letters long. It’s often shortened to the word ‘titin’, which is a type of protein. Saying the word out loud would take almost 3 ½ hours.
Read this article for more information about it: https://www.rd.com/culture/longest-word-english/