Welcome welcome welcome!!!
Home Learning Blog – 5th May
Hello Year 5, welcome back to another day of learning. I hope you enjoyed the English lesson from yesterday. I know you studied the book ‘Leon and the Place Between’ in Year 4, but the learning objectives have been altered to be suitable for your year group this year.
LO: To use the 5 senses to describe a setting
- Follow along with the video, and complete the tasks. Make sure to pause when necessary.
LO: Decimals as fractions
- We’re going to follow up yesterday’s maths lesson with another similar learning objective.
- Follow the link, scroll down to ‘Week 1’, and access ‘Lesson 3: Decimals as fractions (2)’
- Watch the short video, and complete the activity sheet in your home learning book.
- Questions 1 and 4 both require you to colour in a hundred square – don’t worry about these questions, unless you are willing and able to print out the document and colour in the hundred square on a separate piece of paper.
- The link to the activity sheet is available here: https://wrm-13b48.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/homelearning/year-5/Y5-Spring-Block-3-WO3-Decimals-as-fractions-2-2019.pdf as well as uploaded to this blog at the bottom of the page.
LO: How pollination works
- Last week you learned about the parts of the flower. This week, we’re going to learn about how each of those parts of the flower is required for the plant to make reproduce by making seeds.
- Watch this video: https://youtu.be/j-S5ui9Us7U
- You will need to write a brief explanation of how pollination works. You will need to use the key words from the video (hint- use the diagram and labels you drew last week and to help you.) I will include the image of the parts of the flower below, in case you didn't get the chance to complete last week's science lesson.
- You may write in point-form if you wish, or as a paragraph, as long as the steps occur in the correct order.
LO: Coding vehicles at a stop light
- For today’s coding lesson, log onto Purple Mash and complete the ‘To-Do’
- Today’s focus is coding a car to move forward and stop, while having a stop light change colour to match the car’s movement.
- Remember, if you get stuck, press the blue ‘?’ in the top right to watch a tutorial. You may even press ‘hint’ if you are really suck. Good luck!
That’s all for today. See you tomorrow!
Fun fact of the day: 1 million seconds is 11 ½ days. 1 billion seconds is over 31 years!