Daily Learning Blog – 3rd April
Welcome back Year 5! You made it to Friday – well done! Remember that after today, you will have your 2 week Easter break. That doesn’t mean your learning will stop! Although I won’t be posting daily tasks, I strongly encourage you to continue to use Busy Things, Times Tables Rock Stars, Active Learn, and Purple Mash to continue your learning. And of course, please continue to read every day!
I will post a list of learning ideas you can follow during the next few weeks in a separate blog post.
- LO: Writing a diary entry in 1st person
- For today’s task, I’d like you to write a diary entry about how the last 2 weeks have been. Remember to:
- Write in the 1st person (me, I, us, we, our, etc)
- Share some of the things you’ve, some of your feelings, things you’ve enjoyed, things maybe you haven’t enjoyed so much, and things you're looking forward to.
- Be sure to write at least 8 sentences – a diary entry isn’t useful if you only share a few short thoughts!
- Complete the uploaded assessments
- Problem Solving and Reasoning
- If you are unable to print out the test, simply complete the answers as best as you can in your home learning book.
- Look at the uploaded image of Jesus speaking to the group of people.
- How might it have felt to listen to Jesus sharing his wisdom and knowledge?
- What do you think he might be saying to the crowd of people? Why do you think that?
- Think about some of the Bible stories – which one is your favourite? How come?
- Here are some examples:
- The Good Samaritan
- Jesus Feeding the Five Thousand
- Jesus Walking on Water
- The Prodigal Son
- Check this website for some of the stories you can choose from:
- For your task, I’d like you to choose one of the stories and write the lessons you can learn from it. How does it help us to make better choices in our lives? How does the story teach us about how we should act towards other people?
- Be sure to use religious language and vocabulary.