Daily Learning Blog - Thursday, 2nd April
Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed yesterday's activities. Here are today’s assignments:
LO: Adverbs of Certainty
- Read the uploaded document.
- Adverbs of certainty tell us how certain we are about the verb.
- Examples are: possibly, likely, maybe, certainly, potentially, surely
- Read the ‘Certainty Cards’ and put them in a list in your home learning book as ‘Certainly True’, ‘Certainly False’, and ‘Unsure’
- Read the sentences, and identify the verbs and the related adverb of certainty.
- Write the sentences in your book, changing the adverb of certainty to something else.
LO: Dividing using short division
- Remind yourself how to do the ‘short division’ method by watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLze82Zcc4Y
- Answer the questions on the uploaded document.
LO: Teaching an athletic skill
- Pick an athletic skill that you are particularly good at, or know very well. It could be anything, including: passing a basketball, doing a cartwheel, throwing a rugby ball, kicking a football
- Write a detailed guide that teaches someone how to perform this skill. Imagine that the reader has never done it before, and will need basic details like body, foot, and hand position.
- Think about ways that the skill can be practised to improve
LO: Drawing a house scene
- Watch this video, as follow the guide to draw a house scene
- Remember to draw lightly, and to use the sketching methods we have used in class. You may also use a ruler to help draw straight lines and to line up to the ‘vanishing point’
That’s it for today! Be sure to check back in tomorrow.
Fun fact of the day: There are an estimated 10,000,000,000,000,000 individual ants on the world at any given moment – that’s ten quadrillion!