Daily Learning Blog – Tuesday, 31st March
Welcome to another great day for learning! It’s great to see so many of you engaging on Busy Things, Active Learn, and Time Tables Rock Stars. I encourage you to work hard and to keep your brain busy! Here are today’s home learning activities.
- LO: Punctuating direct speech
- Remember – direct speech is what is being said by a character, and must always be written using inverted commas (also known as speech marks). “ ”
- Firstly, look at the images, and ‘fill’ the speech bubbles in, by writing the direct speech in your books.
- Look at the Direct Speech Reminders to remember what punctuation you will need to include.
- Writing Task: Carry on the story that you began with the comic strip. You may write a story similar to the video, or you may come up with your own story entirely. Be sure to include some well-punctuated direct speech.
- LO: Multiplying a 4 digit number by a 1 digit number
- Answer the questions on the uploaded document
- Remember to use the ‘short multiplication’ method, and to place the larger number on top, and to multiply each column from right to left.
- LO: Mountain Range Fact File
- Log onto Busy Things, and in the ‘Assignments’ section there should be an activity for you to complete.
- You are to research and complete a fact file on a mountain range of your choice. I have created an example to help guide you - without any facts – you’ll have to find your own ;)
- Remember to save and submit you work so I can review it.
- LO: Creating short French sentences
- Look at the uploaded worksheet. You’ll need to match the sentence starters on the left with the rest of the sentence on the right.
- Some key vocabulary you’ll need to know:
- Je m’appelle – My name is…
- J’habite – I live…
- J’ai un frere – I have a brother…
- Je n’ai pas – I don’t have…
- Mon anniversaire est le – My birthday is the…
- Ma colour preferee est – My favourite colour is…
- J’ai – I have…
- J’adore – I love…
- Please write the sentences out in full in your hoe learning book
Have another amazing day!
Fun fact of the day: Nepal is the only country that has a flag with more than 4 sides.