Please enter an introduction for your blog post here.
1. Read ‘Things I have been doing lately’ by Allan Ahlberg
• Practise reading the poem in your head. Then try reading it out loud.
• Write a bit about this poem on the sheet What do you like? Or dislike?
2. Make up your own ideas
• Think of some items for a poem called: Things I did last week. Make
these as imaginative as you can, e.g. Last week, I battled a ferocious
dragon. Last week, I discovered long-lost treasure. Last week, I
invented a contraption for travelling through time.
• Look at the nouns, verbs and adjectives that you have used and try to
improve some so that they are really vivid and memorable. Use the
Revision Card to help you remember the types of words.
3. Present your poem
• Choose your favourite items and carefully handwrite a version of your
• When you have finished, add an illustration.
The topic for today is: Written Division
Scroll down to ‘Long division 4 digits by 1 digit’ and complete 3 sheets of your choice.
Use the bus stop method to answer these questions.
Tip: use this video to remind yourself of this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw80VcCMdpM
Foundation 1 RE: Continuing our lessons on Islam, we’re going to focus on the Five Pillars of Islam. Watch the video:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/religious-studies-ks1-the-five-pillars-of-islam/zv84jhv and then create a poster on purplemash.
Foundation 2 History: Today, we will look at another explorer who lived around 80 years after Columbus. His name was Sir Francis Drake and he was the first Englishman to sail around the world.
Watch this video, read the information and then complete the activity: