Please enter an introduction for your blog post here.
1. Read ‘Younger Brother’ by Trevor Millum
• Practise reading the poem in your head and then out loud.
• Does the poem remind you of anybody you know? How many
different objects does the younger brother collect? The words for
these objects are nouns. (Nouns are a person, place or thing).
• Use the Revision Card to help you remember about nouns, verbs and
2. Search for nouns, verbs and adjectives: ‘In the Cave’
• Read the poem ‘In the Cave’. Try highlighting the nouns in this poem in
one colour. Now search for verbs and highlight those a different
colour. Finally search for and highlight adjectives.
3. Making up new lines: ‘The Teacher’s Day in Bed’
• Read the poem ‘The Teacher’s Day in Bed’.
• Highlight the nouns and verbs in this poem.
• Make some more lines – other animals and what they could do in the
classroom. Can you think of three more?
The topic for today is: Written Multiplication
Scroll down to ‘Multiplication 4 digits by 1 digit’ and complete 3 sheets of your choice.
Use column method to work these out.
Tip: Use for support
Foundation 1 Science: Learn more about the rainforest’s Layers and Habitats
Foundation 2 Art: Follow the instructions on the video below to draw a ship.
Tip: Pause regularly to draw