1. Re-read ‘The Princess and the Pea’ by Hans Christian Anderson
• Read the story again, in your head and out loud. What can you spot new, when you read it this second time?
• Look at the picture called ‘Garden Scene’. This is from a version of the story by a writer called Lauren Child. The Prince is talking to the King and Queen. What do you think they could all be saying?
2. Write some speech
• Look at ‘Dialogue Scenes’ – these are scenes from the story. Make up some speech for each of the speech bubbles. Write it in ‘Dialogue Ideas’.
• Now try writing some of your ideas as direct speech with punctuation. Use the Revision Card and Dialogue Checklist to remind you how to do this.
The topic for today is: Multiply and divide by 10 and 100
Open the file below to access resources
Foundation 1 Science: Rainforests are located all around the world. They are located in mainly tropical zones and the biggest is in South America. Explorers still venture into these biomes even now.
Tip: Biome: A large area that has a certain climate and certain types of living things.
Make sure you have something to write notes on, then watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbplCn8-zs
Then complete the activity on:
Foundation 2 Computing: Coding - Learn about Conditionals
Log on to busy things and navigate to Computing, Busy Code and Code Disco.
Scroll down to Section 3 - Conditionals.