Tuesday 8th December 2020
Please find your lessons for today below.
Class Worship - Daily Prayer
Good morning, Dear Jesus
I give you this day,
My soul and my body,
My work and my play.
All for you dear Jesus,
All for you this day.
LEARNING FOCUS 4: The Visitation.
CONTENT | WHOLE CLASS CORE INPUT
Mary goes to visit Elizabeth her cousin whom she loved to help her prepare for her baby. Use God’s Story 2 pages 56-57, Mary visits her cousin Elizabeth, read the story of the Visitation and of “Mary’s Song”. Put the picture on page 57 on the IWB.
Mary did not think of herself, but went to visit Elizabeth who was elderly and also expecting a baby. She was prepared to travel a long way. Display the text of Mary visits her cousin Elizabeth on page 56 and discuss…
SOME KEY QUESTIONS
- How did Mary know that her cousin Elizabeth was expecting a baby?
- Why did this take Mary by surprise?
- How could Mary have helped Elizabeth to prepare for her baby?
- What surprised you about Elizabeth’s words to Mary when they met?
- What feeling does Mary express in her song?
- Why is she so happy?
- Activity - Mary showed her love by helping Elizabeth to prepare for her baby. Make a list of the ways Christians might show their love to someone in need.
Follow the link to watch the video.
Print out the following worksheet and complete.
English – Use the PPT for today’s introduction and warm up activities about the function of sentences.
Complete the activity pack about Statements, questions, commands and exclamations.
SPELLINGS, PPT, handwriting and wordsearch
Topic – SCIENCE ASSESSMENT
Materials End of Year