Good morning Year 2. I hope you had a lovely half term. Thank you for sending me photos and videos of your work, I am trying to upload as many as I can to our Year 2 gallery. Also I just wanted to say a big thank to those who have been writing me little messages on Purple Mash, I have responded. Keep up the good work, I can see you are trying very hard.
Please use the link below to access your Maths activities.
Learn how grouping equally relates to division.
This lesson includes:
- two videos
Created in partnership with Times Tables Rockstars
By the end of this lesson, you will appreciate:
- what 'grouping equally' and 'not grouping equally' means.
- that 'into groups of' is a way to understand what the ÷ symbol means.
- how to answer a division question in the 2s, 5s or 10s such as 30 ÷ 5 = 6.
- if you know a division fact, such as 30 ÷ 5 = 6, you can use it to help to work out 30 ÷ 6 = 5.
Watch this video which shows how to put objects into equal groups and focuses on the language of 'into groups of'.
The video provides opportunities for talking, handling real objects and answering questions.
Please use the link below to access your English activities
To understand what suffixes are, be able to identify them in words and start using them in your writing.
This lesson includes:
- a video explaining suffixes
- three activities to do at home
A suffix is a letter or group of letters that goes on the end of a word and changes the word's meaning.
- Sometimes they also change the original word's spelling. When adding a suffix you might have to double the last letter. For example when adding ed to drop you also double the p so it becomes dropped.
Some suffixes have specific uses. For example:
- Adding ing can change a noun into a verb, like garden to gardening.
- Using the suffix ed can turn a verb to the past tense, like jump becomes jumped.
Watch the video below to find out more.
Please follow the link below then click on set 3.
Choose a book, magazine or newspaper and read for 10-15 minutes.
Art / History
Design a crown made from the most precious jewels. Label it and explain why you have used them.
I hope your music projects are coming along nicely. I cant wait to see them.
Please listen to 3 pieces of music by your chosen musician. (Try You Tube)
How did it make you feel?
Which piece did you like best? Why?
Add this as a page to your project.