Welcome to another day of learning!
Daily Learning Blog – Friday, 27th
You’ve made it to the end of the week - well done! By now you have probably established a learning routine, and are settling into your new working environment. Keep up the hard work! Here’s what I would like you to do for the day:
- LO: Using Parenthesis to add more information
- Complete the tasks in the uploaded document
- Parentheses are commas, dashes, or brackets which are used to add extra information to a sentence.
- Remember, the sentence would have been fine on its own.
- Example: My 3 friends (Amy, Andrew, and Jessica) always try to make me laugh.
- LO: Factors and prime numbers
- Complete the questions on the uploaded document
- Prime numbers are numbers that are only divisible by 1 and itself.
- 6 is NOT a prime number, as it is divisible by 1, 2, 3, and 6
- 7 IS a prime number, as it is only divisible by 1 and 7 (itself)
- Factors are numbers that divide evenly into a larger number
- 1, 2, 5, and 10 are factors of 10
- 1, 3, 5, and 15 are factors of 15
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 12 are factors of 12
- Prime numbers will only have 2 factors (1, and itself) as explained above
- LO: Writing a book report
- Write a book report on the book you are currently reading.
- Use the uploaded book report document to give you some ideas. You may add in anything else you like, and lay out the report any way you want.
- If you’ve only just begun a book, then review the last book you finished.
- Please complete the report in your home learning book.
That’s it for the week! Take a well-earned weekend off. Be sure to check back in on Monday for new, exciting home learning activities. Bye for now!
Fun fact of the day: The national animal of Scotland is the unicorn.