Daily Learning Blog
I hope you’re getting used to your new home learning routine. Here are today’s activities:
- LO: Writing a descriptive passage
- Write a detailed description of the thumbnail image featured at the top of today’s blog post. Remember features of good writing:
- Ambitious adjectives
- Figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, imagery, symbolism)
- Relative clauses (remember that they must begin with ‘that’, ‘which’, ‘who’, or ‘whose’.)
- Range of punctuation
- LO: Adding numbers with decimals
- Complete the questions on the uploaded document
- Remember to use the partitioning and rounding methods to help you
- 2.3 + 4.4 =
- 2 + 4 = 6
- 0.3 + 0.4 = 0.7
- 6 + 0.7 = 6.7
- So, 2.3 + 4.4 = 6.7
- Work up a sweat by completing a home workout. This can be completed anywhere that you have space – in the garden, living room, or bedroom. Make sure the space is clear of any clutter or mess.
- Get brothers and sisters involved if they would like to take part!
- Follow the link. Joe Wicks is leading a daily workout, so check for an updated exercise routine every day!
- Remember to stretch before and after exercising.
- LO: Reading comprehension on rainforest deforestation
- Complete the attached reading comprehension activity. Be sure to write the answers in your home learning book.
You may check your answers after you complete the questions independently.
I hope you enjoy today's activities! Don't forget to check back in to tomorrow :)
Fun fact of the day: A butterfly tastes with its feet.