Hey there : )
Daily Home Learning Blog – Tuesday, 14th July
Good morning Year 5
I was so nice to see so many of you yesterday! I hope you enjoyed seeing everyone and having a quick chat. Here are your learning activities for today.
LO: Plans for the summer holidays
- As this is the last week before summer holidays, I want you to write a few paragraphs about this things you hope to do his summer. As lockdown restrictions are starting to ease, hopefully we are going to be able to have somewhat of a normal summer. Some ideas you might want to consider are:
- Family events
- Bike rides, days at the park, or nature walks
- Hobbies or skills you want to learn
- Trips to the seaside or other scenic areas
- Birthdays, zoom parties, or facetiming with friends and family
- Try to write 2 medium-sized paragraphs.
LO: Problem solving and reasoning
- I have attached a problem-solving and reasoning assessment at the bottom of the class blog.
- As you’re aware, the problem solving and reasoning questions are usually quite a bit harder than normal arithmetic questions.
- Have a go, and try to solve as many as you can. Be sure to use your knowledge from the entire year to solve them!
LO: Understanding different story genres
- Watch the videos before completing activity 2 in your home learning book.
- Be sure to change the genres of the cover so it represents a different genre than what the play normally is.
LO: Writing a haiku
- A haiku is a poem that doesn’t rhyme, but instead has 3 lines, with the syllables following a particular pattern: 5-7-5
- First line: 5 syllables
- Second line: 7 syllables
- Third line: 5 syllables
- For example:
- Summer holidays
- Long summer days and warm nights
- How I love the sun
That’s all for today! Come again tomorrow!
Fun fact of the day: The giant squid has the largest eye of any animal in the world – about the size of a football