Daily Home Learning Blog – Friday, 3rd July
Good morning Year 5. I hope you’ve had a fun and productive week. Here are today’s learning tasks.
LO: Using imperative verbs
- Read the information, watch the videos, and complete the 3 activities
LO: Mental strategies to divide by 5, 20, 6, 4, and 8
- Open the attached document
- It will describe some mental methods to quickly divide by several numbers
- Divide by 10: Move all digits down a place value
- Divide by 5: First divide by 10, then double your answer
- Divide by 20: First divide by 10, then halve your answer
- Divide by 4: Halve the number, then halve it again
- Divide by 8: Halve the number, halve it a second time, then halve it a third time
- Divide by 6: Divide by 3, then divide by 2.
- There are 2 worksheets - mild (easier) and hot (harder) - please choose the appropriate page for your ability.
- There is a section titled 'A bit stuck?' which can be done if you're finding it quite tricky.
- Please complete the investigation towards the bottom of the document.
Spellings and Vocabulary
Find the definition of these words, and then use each one in its own sentence.
That’s all for today! Hope to see you all soon. Have a nice weekend!
Fun fact of the day: Earth is the only planet in our solar system not named after an ancient god.