Daily Learning Blog – Wednesday, 3rd June
Hello one and all. Welcome back to home learning adventures with Mr Lindsay. Here are your activities for the day.
LO: Writing the beginning of a story
- Lesson 8 of the Black Dog learning unit
LO: Multiplying a fraction by a whole number
- In this lesson, we will be multiplying fractions by whole numbers (also known as integers)
- Remember: When multiplying a fraction by whole number, the whole number only multiplies the numerator (top number). The denominator stays the same.
- You will then be left with a fraction, which can be simplified if possible.
- Watch the video, and complete activity 2 only.
Adventures of Beard Man
- For today’s coding activity, log onto Busy Things to get started.
- I wasn’t able to assign this activity, so make sure to follow the buttons to press to get to the activity.
- Key Stage 2 > Sycamore > Computing > Busy Code > Beard Man’s Adventures
- Complete the tutorial, and adventures 1A, 1B, and 1C
- Complete these 3 ’60 second challenges’
- Try each a few times to see if you can beat your previous score!
- Challenge a family member to see if they can beat your score.
- Come up with your own 60 second challenge and write it in your home learning book.
That’s all folks! Join me again tomorrow, will ya?
Fun fact of the day: Light takes about 8 minutes to travel from the Sun to Earth, travelling at almost 300,000 kilometres per second.