Fun learning activities here!
Daily Home Learning Blog – Monday. 27th April
Good morning Year 5, welcome back to the daily home learning blog. Here are today’s lessons.
LO: Expanded noun phrases
- Follow the link and complete the activities: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z4d6t39
- Remember: an expanded noun phrase is a phrase that provides more detail than a simple noun phrase
- This is most often done with adding adjectives, something we do all the time.
- Write the expanded noun phrases in your home learning book, and be sure to underline the expanded noun phrases in the sentences.
LO: Understanding negative numbers
- Follow the link, and watch the videos and complete the activities. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z4kwjhv
- Remember: negative numbers are numbers which are smaller than 0. It can help to think of a thermometer. -5 is lower than 0.
- You can count backwards from 0 in the same way that you count forwards:
- -1, -2, -3, -4, -5…
- Be sure to write the answers in your home learning book.
- LO: On the road to Emmaus
- Read the attached Bible story – Luke 24: 13-35
- The story is told from the perspective of Cleopas, who didn’t realise he was actually talking to Jesus until after he finished explaining why he was so sad.
- Task: Imagine you are Cleopas. You are going to write a diary entry telling the story of what just happened. Be sure to discuss the feelings and emotions you would have felt in such a situation.
LO: Complete the 26 Challenge
- Yesterday was meant to be the annual London Marathon. Unfortunately, like many sporting events this year, it has been cancelled.
- Instead, people all over the UK have been taking part in the 26 challenge – you may have already heard of it on TV.
- The number 26 is being used, as a marathon is a 26-mile race.
- Choose any activity-based challenge you would like, and complete the challenge time.
- It could be:
- A 2.6 mile run
- Go up and down the stairs 26 times
- 26 star jumps
- A 26 minute activity
- Follow this link to learn more: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/52419127
That’s it for today!
Now, for the answer of the 2 truths and 1 lie from last week…
- It is true that I once slept overnight in an igloo
- It is true that I can play the clarinet
- It is NOT true that I was once attacked by a bear while camping (thankfully!)
Fun fact of the day: Elephants can’t jump.